Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Take Me Out With the Crowd

So in a recent call home I was chided by my family members for my severe lack of blog posts since coming out to DC. I tried to explain that this was for many reasons:

-A lack of internet connection for my first week and a half out here.
-The signal our next door neighbor lends us usually goes away when he goes out of town on the weekends, so when I actually have time to blog, I have no internet.
-I'm often too busy and/or tired when I have the time to sit down and blog.
-I usually don't have any fantastic or entertaining stories to tell, which is hard for a windbag such as myself.

So I was told that I should just put up pictures and not worry about how entertaining or interesting the actual post is. This has also been tough, because I've been absolutely horrible at taking pictures since I've gotten out here. I took a few of our adventure tonight though, so here you go.

For those of you who didn't read the blog I did of the east coast trip I went on with my Dad and brother last summer, you're probably not familiar with the fact that I absolutely love going to major league baseball games. I don't really have "a team" or anything, but just being able to sit in a ballpark, and enjoy the game is something that's hard to top.

So once I got out here, I wanted to be certain I made it to at least one Nationals game. Sure it's no game in Fenway, but still...

With only two games left, I made sure I was going to the game come hell or high water.
So tonight, we went. A handful of us interns took the metro out, bought some tickets, and enjoyed a good old fashioned ball game. True, the Nationals aren't exactly the pinnacle of baseball these days, and they did end up getting it handed to them by the Marlins, but it was a gorgeous night in the District, and a good time was had by all..
After a couple innings, we all got pretty hungry, and the first foot spot we saw as we left our seats was none other than Five Guys Burgers. I was pumped. That is, until I saw the line and the significantly raised prices.
Not really easy to see, I know, but the line was insane...

Not wanting to wait in a line that long and pay prices that high, we went back downstairs and checked out our options there. That's where I saw this:
The immature kid inside me couldn't stop chuckling at that one, and seeing how a nice bratwurst sounded pretty good, I decided to get my dinner there. So yeah, I had a 7 dollar brat for dinner. It was delicious.Insert Joke here.

We stayed for almost the whole game, but seeing how it was all but decided, and some of the girls were itching to go, we headed out at the bottom of the 8th.

The gang.

So there you have it. Got a few older stories to tell, but still need to steal some pictures from people who actually take them.

So until then...

6 comments:

Jake Davies said...

Nice post Justy! it probably wasn't as fun as our experience in Fenway though.. coming back from three runs down to win the game at the very end. :)

Keep the posts coming!!

Lisa said...

Sounds like a great night and it looks like it has finally cooled down over there since you are all wearing jackets.
p.s. Dont forget you owe us some more stories:)

Patrick Davies said...

Loved the post Justin. Keep them coming. Wished I could have been there. It looks like a nice ball park.

Primary said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Primary said...

I think I'm always entertained when you blog. I'm mean really. The Senators Sausages made me laugh too. I guess I am as equally immature as you. Woah- scary thought. Keep up the blogging, it's the only thing that really keeps me going at work.

SqUiRt said...

You left a ball game early?? LAME!