Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Karaoke Night, Oh What a Night.

Last Thursday a couple of us were told that there is a bar just behind our apartment complex that holds Karaoke nights once a week on, that's right, Thursday nights. So last minute, on a whim, Intern Dave, Lauren, two of Dave's friends visiting from California, and myself hit up this bar to do us a little Karaoke.

Dave's friends wanted nothing to do singing, no matter how much we tried to convince them, so Dave, Lauren and I hit the catalog and picked out a song for the 3 of us to sing together, and a song for each of us to do solo. The group song was none other than the wonderfully classic "Don't Stop Believin'" by Journey, Lauren chose "Morning Train" by Sheena Easton, Dave chose "Livin' on a Prayer" by Bon Jovi, and I chose "Piano Man" by Billy Joel.
here's to us.


a packed night for the karaoke goodness.


Dave and Lauren practicing before the big show.


The bar was fairly packed, and the performances varied from Rap to Disney to Classic Rock and everything between. The guy running the show basically picked the cards at random, so we had no idea which songs we'd be singing and when. Luckily our group song was called up first.

We rocked.

Absolutely rocked. It was awesome. Loads of fun.

After another solid wait, Lauren's song was called, her's was marred by the fact that she was constantly trying to drag Dave and/or I into it to turn the song into a duet... Not good.

Directly after her song, Dave busted out a crowd pleasing rendition of Livin' on a Prayer. We all sang along, and by that point the voice was gone...
Fortunately/Unfortunately, it was getting pretty late by this point, and we had to bail before they ever got around to calling me up for my song. All-in-all, it was an extremely entertaining night, our encore is certain to be right around the corner.
united in victory.


Oh yeah, here's a couple very short videos, since I'm sure you're all just dying to see that.

5 comments:

Karli said...

Yes!! I have been waiting for this post! I love it, excellent song choice! I wish the videos were longer! Haha this is so great!

Lisa said...

Looks sooooo fun! I wish I had a voice that could belt out a good tune:)

Jenny Alama said...

fantastic song picks. too bad you didn't get your chance at the piano man. you're most excellent at that one. maybe next time

The Stones said...

Awesome! I'm super jealous Drew gets to see you, have fun--and get him distracted so he doesn't think about missing Jack.

Primary said...

This has made me happier than you could ever imagine. It looks like you have the boy-band hand guesstures down! Well done.